czwartek, 23 listopada 2017

My romanian trips - Vulcanii Noroioşi

During my stay in Bucharest I've heard alot about interesting mud volcanoes that were located apparently really close to the city that I was living in. I've asked some friends that have already been there about directions and I took a train from Bucharest to the town Buzau, from where we were supposed to go with a local train to the small village of Berca.

After we've got to the Berca, we were quite lost. We were in the middle of nowhere, without any clue where to go. We roamed around for a while until we've encountered some middle-aged romanian people. Fortunately, one friend of mine and I knew romanian so we where able to ask those people for directions. They told us that those mud vulcanous where around 20 km away and there's no way to reach them on foot. Moreover I was leaving the train in such a rush, that I've left my backpack there where I had food for entire day of traveling.

Magnificent flags of Berca
Luckily those local people were so hospitable that they offered us a lift to the volcanoes. Moreover, they gave me food and water when I told them about losing my backpack. They were eight of us, so we all wouldn't be able to fit in a one car, fortunatley they had a pick-up. The three friends of mine and I got to the pick-up trunk and we were on our way!


Getting closer..
When we got there we've eaten something in the mountain shelter and then we left for the volcanoes. On our way we've bought some homemade liquor from local shepard and provided with the booze we were ready to see some romanian nature!




After reaching the volcanoes I was so thrilled with their unspeakable beauty that I didn't pay attention where I was stepping. I thought that the only dangerous places are vulcanos themself. As you can predict I was wrong. When I relalized what I had done I was already up to my ankles in the mud. Involuntarily I wanted to go foward in order to get out of mud and then I lost my balance (legs where stuck in mud) and I fell down. Fortunately my hand landed on a relatively clean place and I didnt fall entirely in mud - only my hands and boots where got dirty.


After visiting the volcanoes I've clean myself up with some water, and we walked to the closest road to catch a bus for Buzau. From there we took a train back to Bucharest.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz